Caring for Your Lashes
We’re all about love for your lashes. We want you to wake up every morning absolutely loving your enhanced lashes! Here are directions how to take the best care of your lashes to give them a long, full life.
Wait 24 hours before exposing any new extensions to water:
- It’s best to also avoid hot saunas during this time.
- After 24 hours, feel free to shower, swim, exercise, etc! We just recommend you gently rinse your lashes after a heavy workout or exposure to chlorine.
Select makeup carefully:
- Avoid anything oil-based or waterproof.
- If you want an extra glam look, wear water-soluble mascara on just the tips of the lashes. If you aren’t sure whether your makeup is extension-friendly, don’t be afraid to ask your lash stylist!
- Don’t use eyelash curlers – instead, let us know if you want more curl, and we can customize extensions for you.
Love for your face translates to love for your lashes:
- Wash your face gently and softly, particularly around the eye area. This has a dual purpose – it will protect your extensions and will help prevent wrinkles around your eyes!
- In your face wash, lotion or makeup remover, try to avoid glycol. More specifically, avoid anything with PEG (Polyethylene Glycol), Hexalene Glycol, Butylene, or Propylene Glycol.
- When removing makeup, dip a lint-free wand in oil-free makeup remover and roll under the eye and on the lash-line. You can also use a small makeup brush- ALL cleansing items provided at MKUP. This technique removes residue without pulling on your gentle eye tissue and your new lashes.
Let your extensions sleep peacefully too:
- Lashes (extensions and natural!) can be damaged when you sleep face-down. Instead, try sleeping on your back, which has added benefits of helping posture and reducing muscle aches.
- If you wear an eye mask, make sure it doesn’t crush your lashes or compress your eyes. Instead, look for masks that cup above the eye area.
Give your lashes some TLC:
- Brush out your lashes to have the most refined look! MKUP always gives new clients a free aftercare kit, so make sure to speak with your stylist about how to best use it.
- Feel free to use MKUP’s lash cleanser before to be extra squeaky-clean.
- Resist poking or prodding extensions with your fingers. You might have dirt or oils that can get entangled in them so stick with the brush.